A. Waichulis' The Storyteller WIP images

During the creation of a recent work, (The Storyteller, 18x25", Oil on Panel), I shared a number of WIP (work in progress) images. I thought it would be nice to share them all here in one place.

The Storyteller, 18x25", Oil on Panel

WIP images.

19 Likes

Awesome painting! Looks like the resolution here is higher quality than Facebooks! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks Kev! For Sure—Facebook really compresses the heck out of the images. :wink:

1 Like

Incredible work, Anthony. It just looks like you’ve shoved your paintbrush next to your still life arrangement and just took a photo! Is everything in the setup very deliberately placed (ie sketched out in rough first) or are some objects placed while setting up and you happen to like it there?

1 Like

Thanks Tom! My arrangements are definitely organic. I do start with a few anchor-placements (to build an initial context) and then continue to add and subtract until I find the “spirit” of what I set out to communicate.

1 Like

Really great.

1 Like

Seeing this in person was such a treat! Amazing painting tony and it reads as well online! Just great!

2 Likes

One day i’d Love to see your work in person. You have really set the artistic bar to new heights and I am so in awe of the possibilities for which it brings. The stories that you tell with your true creative freedom in which you communicate with in the utmost of skill, will speak to people for millennial to come. This work is sheer brilliant! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your knowledge with us, and for showing the art world the new height and possibilities in which art will go!

2 Likes

A magnificent painting.The light on the rock is so beautiful. Really lovely how the objects reveal themselves as they move into the light.

1 Like