December 2022 | Art Challenge #5 | Alla Prima

Hello Everyone,

The next challenge is an Alla Prima challenge. This must be done with paint (oil, acrylic, watercolor, etc.), and cannot be completed in separate, dries layers. I imagine setting up something to paint might not fit into most people’s schedules within the next two days. We are on a weekend, so no worries! Since this requires a bit more care and setup, the deadline for this challenge is by the end of December.

If you attend Ani America, and you want to try this out with oils, let me know. I can set you up with a still life. Kristin and I already took a stab at an apple still life yesterday.

These are really fun and also very challenging. This is a great opportunity to test the waters, and find your ideal way of setting up a still life. Anthony is hosting weekly oil painting Alla Prima Challenges starting mid January 2023. Here is more info on that:

"For all my painter pals–I’m going to be hosting a weekly alla prima challenge zoom session for 20 weeks starting mid. January. I’m not 100% sure of the day and time, but if you want to challenge yourself with timed alla primas, and paint along, PLEASE shoot an email over to Anya at aaaw.anyadrs@gmail.com, and we will add you. There’s no fee to sign up, but we are looking for people that intend to participate instead of just watching. You can review the full list of challenges here:

https://www.smartermarx.com/t/alla-prima-challenges/89

More info is coming soon!"

-Victoria

2 Likes

I’m gonna sit this one out. I’m just not there yet. But I’m super excited to see the rest of you guy’s one shot paintings!

:smiley:

I got this in 30 min wanted to keep going but rules are rules :joy::joy: