Stairway to winnings

Done more work refining area under the glass. Tomorrow start work above the glass :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glass and dice on right done. Two dice and Marines to go then tackle the biggy, the note!

2 Likes

Every stage is just brilliant John! Thanks for sharing all of these glimpses “behind the scenes!”

1 Like

Thanks Anthony. I probably do a few too many, but figure all contained in one thread so not cluttering site :slight_smile: I know early on (and still do) I loved seeing WIPs to try to glean info and see how things are possible. As seeing peoples completed works you can think they are impossible to achieve but when you get to see the steps they look more manageable/achievable.

Still a lot to do but think on course to be best piece I’ve done so far.

3 Likes

Marines being refined.

4 Likes

Marines done for this layer. Dollar starts tomorrow :smiley:

5 Likes

Really strong, John. What are the dimensions for this?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Working round the edge of the dollar, trying to use stylus to create valleys in the dark then put in my fine lines. Not quite working as all look a tad sloppy at present.

3 Likes

So ridiculously good John!!!

Thank you. Those fine lines though! Jeez I think your stylus must be part wand :wink:

2 Likes

Top, left and right done for this layer. Ghosted the centre area of note with correct tone for note. Once dry will refine and strengthen all the text it is covering.

4 Likes

John this is amazing!!'n

Thank you very much Nanci. Taking me a long while, but think I have learnt things that will benefit me and be quicker with future pieces so worth the time spent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We always learn if we stay open. This is a terrific painting to learn from. Painting tight takes a loonnng time but so does looser painting as you can muck it up and destroy it. I think the latter is very challenging for me as I tend to go right as well but trying not to as you can produce quicker. Great piece John!!! Love it!!!

1 Like

President tomorrow then set to one side. Revisit to put in tonal alterations (mostly the president and reinforce the tiny lines round border) and Doh! Just noticed circle to left of dice needs completing. Anywho it sight of the finish line :slight_smile:

4 Likes

May also revisit the poker chips on the left

1 Like

Did work on president on Friday. While this dries (before a few finishing alterations) I am starting my next piece today woo hoo! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That’s great, John.

1 Like

WOW!!! Great piece!

1 Like