Stairway to winnings

About 2/3 of the way through my underpainting of my next painting. This will be monochrome when done too.

Doing a slightly rougher underpainting as want to have decent guides in places for tackling the dollar to a decent finish. the b/w of the note will alter to have a range of tones in the finished piece.

10 Likes

SO awesome to see this unfold John!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thankyou Anthony. For both your unwavering support and generous advice as I wind myself through self doubt with each piece haha. I will get confident one day, honest.

1 Like

Glass done. Will upload next pic 1st layer (underpainting) complete. Dice,soldiers and George to do first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So awesome to be able to see these progress shots. Thanks John! (Looks great too!!!)

Today put in the dice (well two of them and made a start of one of the soldiers (which will be refined more second layer)

3 Likes

That looks awesome John!!!

1 Like

thankyou very much. A long way to go but happy so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bit more progress another transparent dice and marine now fully dressed. Tomorrow is last dice and left marine leaving me rest of week to concentrate on president. Also want to do another graphite sketch by end of week.

5 Likes

Looks great!!! Your’e killing it😁 And I love your website on bottom!! Very cool🕶

2 Likes

Thanks very much. Stressed out a bit with it today, I always have an emotional rollercoaster with every painting.

Hehe yeah I put the website on there so when I upload my WIP pics to instagram hopefully some people may be intrigued and have a look at the site. I’m trying to get myself out there a bit more. Not really into the marketing side but a necessary evil I need to embrace to try to make a go of it.

1 Like

Ha I know that feeling of not wanting to market but I’m becoming much better at being more consistent. It takes you away from painting for sure but if you’re not out there, no one knows about you!
I get excited when I start a new painting but I have to gear up for it lol. What we do is very difficult and energy draining mind and body. I never take a day off but I need to just chill sometimes:-).

1 Like

Thought I better as currently no gallery representation so no paintings ‘out there’. Hopefully when I complete these two “life is a gamble” paintings I will then have 3 in a series and finish of 2 new York pieces which will give me 5 in the “new York series” I’ll be able to approach a good gallery showing a level of consistency in my work that hopefully they see a commercially viable. If not may be a return to software engineering :-/ eughhh

2 Likes

First layer done. Refine in next layer.

5 Likes

Really impressive John!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Early days but thought I’d see what it looked like in frame.

6 Likes

I need a dollar, a dollar is what I need!

Looking great, John!

1 Like

That came out killer John!!!

2 Likes

Thankyou this is just first layer though.

Was seeing what it looked like in planned frame. Be refining soon in second layer and possible 3rd.

1 Like