Chapter heading Illustrations for YA novel I've written

Is there any kind of tape to frame the drawing that doesn’t rip off parts of the paper when you’ve finished?

4 Likes

You can always use low-tack tape. Something like Scotch Removable Tape seen here:

514UlNLPmoL.AC_SY355

AMAZON LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Removable-Tape-Packs-Total/dp/B002ZZ9EPU

But better yet I would recommend using a magnetic board with magnets to secure a drawing paper. That is what wee do here and it works great!

Beautiful drawings BTW! I absolutely love those shards on the surface on the baby doll heads piece. Bravo!!!

1 Like

I’m not using the tape to secure the paper to the board. I’m using the tape to mask the area of the drawing so that the edges are straight. I don’t think this tape will work for that. I have artists’ tape and painter’s tape. The blue seems to tear the paper. I’m trying the artists tape (white) now. I’ll see what happens.

Thank you. I feel like I could spend a lot more time really blending and shading but I’m not sure if it’s really necessary or not. I kind of like that it feels like a drawing a bit and not a photograph.

Nice work, Alexandra!!

1 Like