Oh those Jellybeans

“Oh Those Jellybeans” oil on board: 16” x 20”

This is an allegory painting. The lock symbolizes youth, and dice the symbolize the gambles we take in life. The Jellybeans represent the fun and colourful things we encounter in our younger years, while the bottles are the ingredients to make the classic jellybean shooter. The vices that we use can have profound effects on us and are depicted by the two puppets- sad clown is down and reaching for the empty bottle, while Howdy is holding a new found full bottle, and is happy; ready to keep going. The little duck is a bit of Canadian humour, it symbolizes the baby duck wine that is cheap and most Canadians are familiar with and have had!! They are in a stage setting;
All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances…

Thank you for looking.

11 Likes

Tracey what an absolutely stellar painting!!! Thank you so much for sharing it here. I get so excited when I see artists share work on here as the site does not auto-compress images.

Seriously! A jaw-dropper for sure!!!
<3

Bravo!

1 Like

Great painting Tracey! I love the lighting and the use of warm and cool compliments that are vibrant but not distracting! I love the little charlie mc carthy type of puppet doll… laughing :laughing:. Forced me to wonder what the story is!

1 Like

Thank you, Nanci, for taking the time to look and comment! I so appreciate it!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, Anthony!! Your comment is very encouraging to me. Thank you for this forum where there is such great art being produced and shared here, it is a privilege to belong to this site. Thank you so much for taking the time to look and comment, I’m thrilled to be here!!

1 Like

And I am thrilled to have you here amid our small (but constantly growing) community! :heart: Looking forward to seeing much more of your work!!! :smiley:

sorry for the late response Tracy:) you are welcome. Trying to keep track of everything these days lol

thank you, Nancy!!

Thank you Anthony!!

1 Like

I love the lighting and although there’s a lot going on, I don’t feel that is too busy - my eye keeps moving when I read this painting. Great job.

1 Like

thank you so much, Richard!!