Visual Language Resources

Featured here is our Language of Drawing and Language of Painting programs adapted for K-12. You are welcome to download these resources and use them as you see fit.

(UPDATE: Due to increased downloads and the demand on my site’s server, I have decided to move the files to a dropbox folder. I have updated the links accordingly. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you! Anthony)

Download the full Visual Language course:

Visual Language I – Lesson plans for Grades K-3

[Visual Language II – Lesson plans for Grades 4-8

Visual Language III – Lesson plans for Grades 9-12

ACHROMATIC SUBSTITUTE FILES (for teachers that want to print exercise sheets without access to color printing resources.):

About the Visual Language Program

Our Visual Language program is a strategic sequencing of educational visual arts exercises designed to develop visual literacy and communication skills in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Echoing the same rational sequence of skill-building exercises from our core curriculum (in use with the International Ani Art Academies project), Visual Language I, II, and III seeks to develop visual literacy and communication skills that will prepare K-12 students to successfully interact and contribute to a global environment that is increasingly dependent on visual stimuli.

3 Likes

Thank you for creating and sharing these. I am teaching drawing camps this summer for 12 - 14 year olds and practical, engaging, simple and fun exercises are vital. This age range seems to need variety. Expecting them to draw a model or still life for a couple of hours after a slide talk and demo doesn’t work as well as it does for adults. I’ve been feeling stumped, knowing there are ways to engage these smart, cool kids in a better way and I can already tell these exercises are going to help.

1 Like

I also want to add - thank you for making it freely available. I am so, so, so grateful!

2 Likes

It’s our pleasure Sarah! Please let us know if you encounter any problems or have any suggestions to improve content. We have a growing folder of updates and just need to find the time to work them in. I need more hours in the day. LOL! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,
I am so impressed with your method, and I would truly love to implement some of it with my public school students. However, they won’t download. Is it possible to fix the link or send the files via email? mzimberg@gmail.com. I would love to see all three files K-12 & would be forever grateful - and so will my students!

1 Like

Greetings Melissa! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so very sorry for my delay in response but I am just wrapping up a complex project that has left me with a very unruly inbox. LOL!

The files had been moved in recent months and I totally forgot to update the links in areas like this. All the parts of the K-12 adaptation can be found here:

https://anthonywaichulis.com/resources/

I will update the links here (above) in the main post here now as well. Please let me know if you have any further questions. You can always email me directly at yychuls@gmail.com.

Best,

Anthony

UPDATE: Due to increased downloads and the demand on my site’s server, I have decided to move the files to a dropbox folder. I have updated the links accordingly. Please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Thank you!

Anthony