Balancing Between 2 Worlds

oil, gold, copper, and colored leaf on Dibond. 24”x30”. The concept is about how to balance the present with the past…abstraction and multi colored past. The past patterns of life can infiltrate our now.

5 Likes

this is amazing

1 Like

This is beautiful. I love the contrast of the realistic figure and the multicoloured abstract background.

Can I ask, what is Dibond like? I understand it is Aluminium. But is it primed when you buy it? Or do you do that yourself? I’ve also heard that there is no need to prime Aluminium.

1 Like

Amazing!!!

1 Like

Hey Thomas,

Thank you! Dibond is not primed. You can purchase 4’x8” sheets from Piedmont Plastics if you are in Pa. they ship to NY, NJ etc. they will also cut down sizes you need.
It is unprimed so you have to prime it. Scoff the piece first just like Tony does for Masonite.
I love the fact it doesn’t warp but I do love linen attached. The problem is if you buy it already prepared by Raymar and others, it is expensive. If I do large paintings 24x36 and up, it is over 200.00

For small paintings, you can attach linen yourself with Beva film or Muck Glue.

1 Like

Thanks so much Irene​:heart::cookie::innocent:

1 Like

Stunning Nanci!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you Tony! Btw on Skype tomorrow i have to tell you something hysterical !

Thanks very much for the reply Nanci, it’s very useful as I have been thinking about working with Aluminium.

1 Like

:open_mouth: WOW!!! This turned out great- I’m glad I got to see it in progress!!

1 Like

anytime thomas…I may do a vid this week on how to prepare and problems I have run in to…posted here on smartermarx

2 Likes

That would be great! But don’t now feel obliged to do it, I know how long a video can be to put together.

2 Likes