Exercise one: origin destination Page 2 side a and b

1 Like

should i try some shape replications?

1 Like

Good morning Patrick! The lines look great. I would however encourage you to try and be as light as possible moving forward where such line-work is concerned. The reason is that we want any early line-work within a drawing endeavor—whether it be a visual survey, a cartoon, envelope, etc…—to be able to be absorbed into subsequent tonal applications with as little value/lightness impact as possible.

If you feel that you can control the lines and be lighter in the application—I would definitely recommend moving on to shape replications!

i tried some shape replications last night and they looked crappy so ill be doing at least a page of lines a day and attempt shape replications for at least 3 weeks… im hoping i can record 20-100 hours on this section and be finished by October 1st. not sure if i should post daily, i dont see any daily posts from fellows like myself starting out.

thanks for the feedback

2 Likes

Sounds good Patrick! You can post as often as you like. Whenever you need feedback just let me know. I am very happy to review your efforts and assist however I can.

1 Like