Hello From Baltimore!

Good Afternoon!

Sha here, recently moved to Baltimore, MD. I was pleased to find this forum, as I am rather adrift in a new city and a new career in art. It feels grounding to find a supportive community, even if only online. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to engaging and learning.

I am currently working on sharpening my basic drawing skills; recent instruction was strong on expression but weak on fundamentals. I’d like to fill in the gaps.

Happy Monday!
:Sha

PS: Also a veteran; including that incase someone conducts a search for the same.

4 Likes

Welcome :blush:, I am looking forward to see your work and progress!

1 Like

Greetings Sha! Welcome aboard. I just noticed your other post and am very glad to learn that you are aware of the Ani Art Academies America. If I can provide you with any insight please do not hesitate to ask.

I hope that you find our resources helpful and our community supportive. I am quite proud of the growing family that we have here.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Hi Sha!

Welcome from down in Laurel! There’s great info to be shared here and lots of helpful people.

Beth

1 Like

Thank you. And it’s great to know there are other Marylanders around. :slight_smile:

In late seeing this but welcome!!!

1 Like

Welcome!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m way late to this one! Hello from Pasadena Maryland. I live just south of Baltimore and work in Dundalk. Welcome!

2 Likes

Deborah! That’s great! I’m rather new to town. Do you ever get out and urban sketch much? I live in Little Italy… it would be lovely to meet up sometime. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sha,
Little Italy is a well known Baltimore institution. You’re lucky to live there. I actually live in Pasadena and I rarely get into the city. I work full time so I don’t get out to sketch, I’m really a studio painter.

2 Likes

Ditto! Work leaves little time to go out and art in real time!

Dundalk? Where? I work over in Essex now.

I work at Dorfman Museum Figures, Inc. On Holabird Ave. It pays the bills so I can paint. And eat…

1 Like