Hi, you all!

My name is Mark. I am from Belgium (Dutch part). Not a natural born English speaker, so some spelling and other errors may sneak in. But hey, I probably paint the same way you do, and use similar techniques.

I’ve worked as a commercial advertising illustrator, photographer, digital retoucher. But also as a construction worker and factory worker, during many years. No matter what I did as a job, I always have been drawing, painting or studying different painting techniques.

Now that I am almost completely retired, I have the time to fully explore all of my opportunities in painting. In fact this means, that I should choose some kind of style or direction in which to continue… but I can’t choose. So for now, I don’t choose.

I work as well in a realistic style as a more loosen style. As well oils as acrylics (before 25 years airbrush).

Nice to meet you all and hope to contribute something!

5 Likes

Greetings Mark!

Welcome aboard! It is great to have you here among our growing community of dedicated creatives. There is much to explore here including a significant stockpile of resources to make sure that your efforts develop as you see fit. Please never hesitate to throw out any questions that you might have as I know many here (inclusing myself) love to talk shop.

Look forward to getting to know you and your work better,

Anthony

Hi there Mark​:raising_hand_woman:! Welcome aboard! That is quite a set of skills you have. You are part of a supportive, creative environment that Tony and Leah created. You will learn allot from the terrific sharing and information given! Look forward to your posts!:sun_with_face:

1 Like

Welcome Mark, I’m fairly new here as well and I’ve learned quite a few things since becoming a member and if I don’t see an answer to a question then I just ask. Anthony and this whole community are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Thanks Anthony, Nanci and Richard!

1 Like