I am Chris , a vision scientist from Alabama

I am pursuing a PhD in Vision Sciences at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. To be more precise, I am a molecular biologist who studies inherited neonatal blindness.I will likely finish this degree within the next year or so. Recently, I started painting again after about 7 years of no painting. I am a very casual painter who paints still life in my free time. I mainly uses toy from my childhood as a subject for my work. In the past, I went for a photorealistic approach for my work, but the illusions only held from a distance. I joined this forum to gain some insight on some of the underlying techniques of realistic painting. I have learned a lot so far.

3 Likes

Greetings Chris! It is my pleasure to welcome you to the community. It is great to connect with another creative that has invested much into the study of vision. I am sure that your background will provide you a significant advantage in navigating some of the more dense content. Please do not hesitate to share any questions or comments!

Happy Painting! :smiley: