Martin - pressure scales (darks)

Good morning Martin—It does not look like you are having an issue with the darker end. Many don’t get as dark as possible for fear of being able to transition out. The issues that I see involve range and rate. First, while the dark end IS well established—you are still far from getting as light as possible. Sometimes this is simply a matter of you not being aware of what the lightest range “feels” like. Here’s a short video on building up to consistent light tapers:

https://www.smartermarx.com/t/drawing-video-building-successful-pressure-scale-tapers/53

Second, your rate is being governed by the first change out of the extreme dark. This rate is then challenged by an inability to get light enough and a sort of “battle” ensues. When you transition from the dark–you seem to be doing it far too quickly. This quick change sets a rate that the practitioner is forced to build an even evolution. Instead try to slow your evolution out of the dark (more like what you have with 66 and 118)

These are the things that you need to focus on to find improvement. If you are not sure of an issue or are waiting on feedback to move forward (obviously I get swamped from time to time and am unable to provide feedback in the most timely manner)—please shoot me an email at yychuls@gmail.com. Continue to post the issues here as they help many—but sending me an email nudge alerts me to someone waiting.

Looking forward to the next update!

1 Like