New off my easel. Soft pastels and pastel pencils on Pastelmat, 19x27"

Hi everyone, I am always struggling when I post here, I never know where to post. I hope this is the right place to show my new work and I am trully sorry if it isn’t, I will learn eventually. I have finished this quite a while but I was trying to get a decent photo. For now the title is “Get to The Light” but I am trying to find something better. Any help will be appreciated. I hope you enjoy!

5 Likes

there’s a lot that is very impressive about this, i particularly like the reflected light from the dress on her chin and neck, the studs on the dress and the wood really looks great too. if you’re not happy with the title - she could as equally be closing the door as opening it so that may give you more options. or you could go more esoteric and mystical like “light-bringer” for example, all depends how you see it. super work.

1 Like

Thank you so much Martin for your time to comment and also for the title suggestion. I appreciate your kind words about my work and the title sounds really good. I will consider it. You have a wonderful Sunday!!

Stunning, I love the composition and all of the different textures that is in here. You captured them masterfully

1 Like

Very impressive work, you hav done a marvellous job.

1 Like

Thank you so much Tracy for your lovely comment! I am glad you like it.
Irene.

Thank you Craig for your time to comment and for your lovely feedback!
Irene.