R is for Race, pastel, 9x23"

Hi everyone, it took sometime to post here. I must admit I was off these past weeks. The pandemic situation affects me in bad way. Anyway, we must learn to live with it. You all have a great day and stay safe!

For “R is for Race” I used Carbothello, Conte, Gioconda and Derwent pastel pencils and Richeson hand made soft pastels. Support Pastelmat. I hope you like it.

13 Likes

Oh man!!! FANTASTIC! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks so much Anthony for your kind comment! Means a lot. :blush:

wow those metallic surfaces and reflections! hope you’re alright - glad to see your art appear here again, very impressive and inspiring!

1 Like

Thank you for your lovely comment Martin!! I am trying… I am a little out of inspiration these days. :slightly_smiling_face:

If I didn’t know better I’d swear it was a photo. Great work, especially on the metallics.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your comment Craig! It’s the right time to hear this cause I am kinda despered for no sales for sometime now. I have this one and 10 more works in Abend’s Small Work show and no sales at all. I am doubting my art now… Stay creative and safe my friend.

1 Like

Don’t doubt your work, doubt the market. Can’t really offer anything as haven’t tried selling anything yet.

3 Likes

Thank you Graig, it happens sometime for a woman my age to see everything black but it passes, LOL! I know, difficult times in everyway… Stay safe! :blush: Thanks again!

I’m of the same position and opinion as Craig, it’s for sure the global economy… your ability and subject matter is not in question. Hopefully with the easing of lockdown folk will start once again be able to see your work in person, then sales will no doubt follow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Martin, I appreciate your kind words. :blush:

1 Like

Love it!!! It belongs in a man cave that has classic cars!!!:beers:

1 Like

Thank you so much Tracy!! I appreciate your lovely feedback

Super great Irene! Sorry just seeing this but love how the metallic surface is so believable.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback Nanci and sorry it took so long to response. I know that it’s been 5 months since my dad passed away but I am still so depressed. I am still mourning and I can’t paint. I feel embarrassed that I can’t get over it, after all that’s the natural order. I am working on it. Stay creative and safe my dear friend. :heart:

1 Like