3 New tiny still lifes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wishing you health, peace and happiness for you and yours!

So, I have 3 new small works, “Reds” 9x12", “S is for Shelter” 8x10" and “P is for Pinocchio” 8x11". All pastel pencils and pastel sticks on Pastelmat. I am not working as fast as I would like. For starters I am struggling with depression, and also my autoimmune dissease has woken up and gives me joint pains that make painting harder. This winter sucks. Coronavirus scares me.

Anyway, I hope that you like my new work and also I wish you happy holidays! I really hope 2021 to be a great year for all of us.

10 Likes

The wooden lustre on Pinoccio looks superb, and I love your reproductions of cartoon comic strip, with the folds and perspective all looking amazing. Sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time Irene, though I am very pleased to see you are still managing to produce great work - and yes let us hope for a much improved 2021!

3 Likes

Thank you Martin for your kind comments about my work. Always nice hearing your opinion. You didn’t comment about “Reds”. The Ace gave me hard time, I should have tried harder with the Alfa and the hearts. They are tiny and got me frustrated. First time I draw a card. Next time I am gonna use colored pencil rather than pastel pencil.

Well, lots of people feel the way I do these days. I am trying to be optimistic about things, today is a new day. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You didn’t comment about “Reds”. The Ace gave me hard time, I should have tried harder with the Alfa and the hearts.

Reds is fine! I certainly wasn’t drawn to anything you had trouble with there - and the marble steals the show in that one for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks so much!

Great work Irene! Surfaces look spectacular!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind comment dear Nanci :heart:

1 Like

I love your work- very skilled and great compositions, you never disappoint!!

1 Like

Thanks so much, Tracy! I appreciate your lovely comment.

Beautiful work Irene—I agree with Martin especially—the wooden Pinocchio looks absolutely superb!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your comment Anthony! Much appreciated. :blush:

Amazing work, especially loved the ‘red’.

1 Like

Thank you Craig, I am glad you enjoy my new ones. :slightly_smiling_face:

Amazing work. For me, the folded comic strip really takes the cake!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!