Hi from Wisconsin

Hi,
My Name is Dan, and I’m from West Bend, WI. My bio is on my web page but the long and the short of it is I’ve drawn my entire life, got a library of books and videos, done online courses and attended “The Academy of Fine Art”, in Denmark Wisconsin, an ARC school, as an elder, lets say. Anyway, the attached pic shows what I do, and the trompe l’oeil is my first serious attempt at this type of painting. I’ve found this site to be very helpful and informative and look forward to continued learning and contributing to the discussions when I can.

6 Likes

Welcome Daniel! It is a pleasure to find you among our growing community. Thank you for sharing some of your work samples (as you may know I am quite partial to Trompe L’oeil!) I am very glad to know that you have found our resources to be helpful. We are always adding more content so be sure to check back often!

I look forward to talking shop with you in the “trenches” here—learning more about you and your work.

Best wishes,

Anthony

Welcome and I look forward to seeing your future work.

I love the painting of the man in the glasses. It’s so lose and light and yet realistic.

Thank you, I am glad you liked it.

1 Like