Napkin in Moscow Mule Mug

I’m pretty happy with this one, although it’s done on cheap canvas board. I got an unfortunate hair in the paint film at the base of the mug, which creates some bad glare. I’m considering painting another version on panel, to compare the supports. Anthony, I used one of those makeup brushes to blend that shadow line to the right, to some good effect.

8 Likes

Nicely done. Nice detail considering the canvas texture. Interesting colors, I wasn’t expecting the purple rubber band.

1 Like

Thanks[quote=“deborah845800, post:2, topic:1458, full:true”]
Nicely done. Nice detail considering the canvas texture. Interesting colors, I wasn’t expecting the purple rubber band.
[/quote]

Thank you. For some reason, I really am drawn to fabrics, especially when tied up into various shapes with different forms of ligation. I have a bag of rubber bands in different colors, for future paintings. I could paint this subject over and over, and I probably will…

Stunning!!! I love the juxtaposition of textures between the napkin and the vessel. Exceptionally well done.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I’ll be painting the same image on a panel to compare the supports. Maybe I can get a smoother, more detailed rendering, with less surface debris.

1 Like