WIP of "Old Coins", pastel on Pastelmat, about 8x9"

So, I had this little piece of Pastelmat paper and I thought it should not be wasted. Besides I love painting coins.
I used Carbothello, Derwent, Conte, Gioconda pastel pencils and a white unison pastel stick. I am not happy with the result, I mean I wish it was more realistic but with pastels in such a small scale it was hard. (The grid you see on the paper preexisted from another drawing I used transfer paper). I hope you like it and please feel free to criticize. Thank you for your time.

7 Likes

This looks great, out of interest - how long did it take you from start to finish?

1 Like

WOW! That’s fantastic Irene! Thank you so much for sharing it (and the WIP images.)

Bravo! :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

I always love your designs Irene! Plus I find pastel is such a difficult medium to work in.

1 Like

I am glad you like it! It’s tiny, I worked for a few hours for 3-4 days at most. I work fast with pastels. It should have taken 20-24 hours but I never know, I usually lose track of time.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback!! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much, Anthony! I am glad you think it’s good. I value your opinion always.

1 Like

wow that is very impressive. what a good result you’ve come out with.

1 Like

Thank you!! I appreciate your lovely comment.

1 Like

They look wonderful!!

1 Like

Thank you so much Tracy!!:blush:

Looks great Irene! Love the progress

1 Like

Thank you so much Nanci! :blush: